Do’s and Don’ts of Cuff Links
For the last segment of our week long trend of accessorizing with cuff links we just focus on the do’s and don’ts of wearing your cuff links.
- Do match you metals – Gold cufflinks with a silver watch doesn’t look too hot together.
- Do coordinate your colors – you don’t want to have blue and green cuff links with a purple and red tie. This is the simple part, unless you’re color blind.
- Do keep you cuff links polish -nothing like dirty tarnished cuff links to completely kill your look of elegance and sophistication.
- Do try to keep classy – simple designs go a long way. But there is nothing wrong with your favorite team’s logo or a symbol that references you career or interest every now and then
- Don’t try to wear without a suit or tux – occasionally you can pull it off with a coat that hangs right or the right sports coat. Never…EVER…wear with SHORTS. You will look like a clown. I saw this once and literally laughed out loud.
- Don’t let your cuff links over-power your outfit – Remember you are the centerpiece. Your clothes should just accentuate you. So tone down your crazy over the top links.
- Don’t over accessorize – like I stated above you want to be the man of the hour and of the conversation, not your accessorize. “Hey you remember [insert lame over-enthusiastic guy]’s matching camouflaged cufflinks, tie, and tie bar”…Yeah, they remembered your silly ensemble, but not YOU.